Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to sea again

We left Gibraltar at 8:00 yesterday morning. Rounding the point, we left
the beautiful calm Mediterranean and headed north in the Atlantic toward
Iceland. We skirted the coast of Portugal close enough to see lights last
night. About 11:00pm the seas started getting a little rough and we
rocked and rolled all night long. A couple of nasty swells sent stuff
rolling around my cabin including me, almost. Thank God I've got a bed
rail to keep me in my bunk.

Our last day in Gibraltar was great. I went back up on to the Rock for a
last time. I hung out with the Ship's doctor all day. It was perfect
weather again. When we got down, we just roamed the town for the rest of
the day even though most of it was closed up for Sunday. I was hanging
with him in a pub with free WiFi access updating this blog, when 2 of the
apes from the top came sauntering down the main street. The little
buggers proceeded to make themselves at home. They climbed up on a
terrace of a small apartment building and made a snack of the flowers in a
window box. The locals said this was an extremely rare event as they
usually stay up on the Rock. I guess they came down to say goodbye to us..

1 comment:

  1. wow that is so cool, did you get a picture?

    ReplyDelete