Monday, April 20, 2009

Damn the pirates




The Pittsburgh Pirates that is.

The major topic of conversation in my life since I announced my cruise is "aren't you scared of pirates?". I have to educate the listener that the current incidents of piracy are occurring off Somalia, some 10, 000 miles from where I will be sailing. Of course even the Staten Island Ferry is susceptible to piracy, but the chances are mighty slim in the waters that I will be sailing. Unless the current economic crisis drives the Scandinavians back to their viking roots, I think that I will be safe. I am sure though that anti-piracy training will be a new addition to this year's cruise along with the other mandatory safety training exercises.
By the way, the pirate in the pic isn't me as many have commented on. It is Patchy the Pirate, SpongeBob's #1 fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment