Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting ready

5 1/2 weeks to go. Got the itinerary, but it is confidential for security reasons until we arrive at each port. I can say we are going to an island in the Atlantic, an island in the Mediterranian, and 2 northern European countries. We're also going to cross the Arctic circle which will be the 2nd time for me. When you cross the Arctic for the 1st time, you become a member of the Order of the Blue Nose. We should be in the Arctic and Nortern Europe near the summer solstice. It is very disconcerting to have almost 24 hours of daylight. Better than the winter of perpetual darkness.

I'm still waiting for my dock security papers from Homeland Security. This is a new wrinkle this year. The world has changed considerably since 9/11. I'm gathering my supplies and uniforms. Khaki is the color when I'm on duty.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please, please, please continue to post, you are an integril part of our information package.

    ReplyDelete