Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Another Day at Sea

It has been a real quiet day. The seas were calm and the sun was strong.
Everyone is settling in to the 2nd half of the cruise. We're in the
Atlantic, off the northern coast of Spain I think. It's hard to tell
because the interactive map with the Seawave e-mail system dosn't seem to
be working this year and my hand held GPS seems to be on the fritz too. I
can always go up to the map room and ask where we are, but it's a long way
up from where I'm stationed (8 decks).

We're cruising fairly slowly, below 10 knots. We'll probably make it to
the mouth of the Mediterranean by Wednesday and anchor by Gibraltar to
take on fuel on Thursday. Since we're not docking at Gibraltar, I'm going
to have to see if I can use my binoculars to spot any of my little monkey
friends on the top of the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment