Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Azores

We haven't seen land since leaving the coast of Spain behind us on Saturday morning.  The seas were a little choppy that night, nothing too bad for me.  I just has to make sure everything was secured so it didn't fly around my cabin. Some cadets
didn't take it so well and the sick bay had a run on seasick medicine. Today when I woke up, we were in sight of land.  Sao Miguel in the Azores was off our starboard side.  I learned we had to drop off a cadet who was ill and needed more medical
attention than the sick bay could provide. So we stopped off at  the island and a boat took him to shore to be treated. After sailing around a bit, we received word that the cadet was going to have to be left there so we continued on westward
toward home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment